Monday, March 8, 2010

Susannah Grace's Big Arrival!


Before the REAL labor process. Can you tell?
So sweet!
8 lbs. 2 oz. 21 inches
Sleeping ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz...
Our precious family
Which one had the baby? HA!
Poor daddy
Mommy and baby
Here I am in my going home outfit! Precious angel :)
We are thrilled to announce that Susannah Grace has arrived! God has graciously blessed us with this bundle of joy and we are ever so thankful. She was born on February 25, 2010 weighing 8 lbs. 2 0z. and measuring 21 inches long. Her journey was an interesting one. I labored for 27 hours. We originally had scheduled an induction for Sunday February 28th if she had not arrived by the time of her due date, February 26th. However, on Wednesday February 24th I started experiencing contractions that were 5 minutes apart. Therefore, I went to see Dr. Tamucci so that she could monitor me since this was my first pregnancy. Since my contractions were close together for several hours she decided to keep me overnight. The next morning she jump started my labor by breaking my water and starting me on pitocin. It was a scary process because as Susannah Grace moved farther down the birth canal her heart rate started to drop. At one point, my nurse told me that I might have to have a C-section due to her heart rate. However, Dr. Tamucci ended up using forceps to help move her through the birth canal and deliver her while I pushed. When she was finally delivered I was very concerned because she was purple and not breathing very well. Her first APGAR score was a 6. Then, after a few minutes her lungs seemed to work just fine which allowed her second APGAR score to increase to a 9. I was so thankful. Her lungs have been working very well ever since :). While I wish I could say that this was the only eventful moment at the hospital it wasn't. Many of you may know that while I was in the hospital, the day after I gave birth, Trey had to be admitted for pancreatitis. He spent two nights and one day in the hospital being treated. Meanwhile, Susannah Grace and I were discharged from the hospital on Saturday afternoon. Trey didn't return home until Sunday evening. I was so grateful when Trey was able to return home and we were able to settle in as one big happy family!

No comments:

Post a Comment