Spinach Quesadilla Recipe
If you like cheese and spinach, you are in for a real treat! I've always loved these two items individually, but when you combine them and add a few other delicious ingredients it creates a little favor explosion in your mouth and will have you wanting more! Not only is it delicious, it's healthy too! When visiting Mexican restaurants that seem a little questionable to me I always order a spinach quesadilla as my entree. I'm a little funny about ordering meat from some restaurants, so this is a great healthy alternative. Therefore, because I enjoy this entree, I decided to come up with a homemade recipe for myself! I didn't think it could be that complex. The flavors seemed simple enough, right? Well, you decide for yourself, but I think it's pretty tasty if you ask me!
Step 1: Gather your ingredients. You need: butter, a bag of spinach, one bag of monterey jack cheese, a container of queso, one sweet onion, 3 cloves of garlic, one-two tomatoes, tortillas, and salt, pepper, garlic salt, and chili powder to taste!
Step 2: Dice the onion!
I think using this technique makes it so much easier and quicker!
Step 3: Place 1-2 tablespoons of butter in the pan and allow it to melt.
Step 4: Sautee your onion with salt and pepper for a few minutes until it's nice and translucent.
Step 5: Mince your garlic. I like to use a cheese grater or fruit zester to do this. It just grates it much more finely than a knife does and takes much less time! Now, throw your garlic in with your onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Step 7: Throw your tomato in the pan with a little bit more salt and pepper and let it began to cook down a bit until it's nice and mushy. Meanwhile, roughly chop 6 cups of spinach.
Step 8: Then, place your spinach in and allow everything to merry together and really cook down. Once it has cooked down, add salt, pepper, garlic salt, and chili powder to your liking. I just add a little and taste it until it's got the flavor I want.
Step 9: This is how it should look before you add the ingredients to the tortilla.
Step 10: Now, add about 1/2 a tablespoon of butter to the pan and place a folded tortilla in an opened position in the pan.
Step 11: Layer ingredients: a handful of cheese, spinach mixture, and another handful of cheese on top!
Step 12: Flip the tortilla back and forth until the cheese on both sides are nice and melted, kinda of like a grilled cheese sandwich!
Step 13: Melt the queso cheese you purchased in the microwave (according to the directions listed on the container) and drizzle it over the top of your quesadilla!
Step 14: Get it in your belly! Ha! Enjoy!
Spinach and Cheese Quesadillas
1-2 TBSP butter
1 Package Spinach
1 Sweet Onion
2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
1 Tomato (diced)
Monetary Jack Cheese 1 pkg
Salt and Pepper
1. Melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet and sauté onions until nice and tender.
2. Once onions are tender, add garlic until fragrant and somewhat tender (1-2 minutes). Add salt and pepper.
3. Place tomato in skillet and allow to merry with favors and cook down a little. Add a little more salt and pepper.
4. Meanwhile, roughly chop about 6 cups or so of spinach and add to the mixture in the skillet.
5. Once spinach is nice and tender add garlic salt and chili powder to taste, pull off heat, and set aside.
6. Place 1 TBSP of butter in a skillet while placing the flour tortilla on top.
7. Put a handful of Monetary Jack cheese on bottom of tortilla, layer in spinach mixture, and more monetary jack cheese.
8. Flip quesadilla a couple of times in order to cook evenly for cheese to melt on top.
9. The top should also be nice and golden.
10. Serve immediately with queso on top!