Monday, March 14, 2011

1st Birthday

Susannah Grace's 1st birthday was a blast! I decided to plan her party around the theme of a Sweet Shoppe. It turned out just beautiful. Many thanks to my dear friend, Jennifer Kimbrough, for helping me get everything together and for keeping me sane during the processs:)!

Baby girl's sweet invitation!

Birthday banner for the door :)
This was the sweet shoppe table composed of her cake and pink candy!
Inspiration for the backdrop banner board came from here. I fell in LOVE with this idea while I was blogging around looking for ideas. Although ruffling these streamers is pretty easy, it is time consuming, don't be fooled. In order to create this eye pleasing scene, I used a piece of plywood (4x6 feet), stapled a white sheet to it, draped the ruffled streamers over it, and then stapled them down to the back to reinforce them. Then, I just used white tacs to hold down the banner I made using scrapbook paper and letters I printed, and Jennifer cut out, from my printer :).
Her beautiful cake made by Angie Golden of Springville, AL! She is amazing!
This was her smash cake. Isn't it adorable?
More candy pictures :)
I got the labels for the candy from chickabug off of etsy.
I ordered the lollipops and rock candy for www.bulkcandystore.com
This is one of the centerpieces I created for a table.
We kept dinner simple with pizza, chips, and dip.
I got the flowers from Davis' Wholesale Florist downtown. I always purchase flowers from them when I am doing an event (birthday, shower, tea, etc.).
Sweet baby girl getting ready for some birthday cake!
She LOVED it!
Since we had SG's birthday at a clubhouse, I thought I would need something to keep all of the kids preoccupied. I saw a precious idea on a blog of this girl who created a sweet shoppe out of cardboard boxes for the kids to play in. Since, I didn't have the time or energy to do this we just ordered this cardboard house for the kids to color on and play in. They all LOVED it!
Ivey and Emma Claire signed their autographs!
Shelby played peek-a-boo!
Mommy and SG
Meme with SG
Opening presents :)
This little girl adores books.
Reading a book with her great aunt Ethel

Thank you to all of the friends and family who came to this sweet girl's birthday party. We are so thankful to have had the opportunity to celebrate her first birthday with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment