Thursday, March 1, 2012

SG's 2nd Birthday!

We recently had Susannah Grace's birthday party to celebrate her 2nd birthday! This year we based the theme of her party on Dora the Explorer, since it is her favorite show! I'm not the biggest fan of themed party supplies, so we used a lot of the bright colors coupled with a few dora accessories as decorations for her party. I think it was a hit, and most importantly I think she really had a blast! Here are a couple of pictures! I'll be back soon with a 2 year old update!

We had the party at her Meme and Poppie's house. Meme had the mailbox decorated especially for her!

We chose to have taco salad to go along with the Dora theme! 
It's hard to tell but I really love the way the chandelier turned out! We used tissue paper balls and Meme's raffia ribbon! 

SG sure does LOVE mexican!
 
We decorated the fireplace with SG's birthday banner and polka dot balloons!
I made this banner out of scrapbook paper, ribbon, and precut letters. I got the idea for the banner from etsy. I think it turned out cute!
Thank you Cynthia for letting us borrow your beautiful cupcake display!
Putting this number 2 candle on her cupcake made me sad :(. She's growing up too fast!

The pull string Dora pinata was a favorite for sure! Every time I turned around SG had a new sucker in her hand!

 SG had a fun with close friends and family!
 This girl definitely knows how to open presents now!
It was crazy how fast she was opening them! I couldn't keep up!
Singing happy birthday- She loved this part!


 

 And, she blew out her candle all by herself. I was so proud!

Caroline was excited about all of the festivities too!

***Thank you Meme and Poppie for opening up your home for this big girl's birthday, and all your help with some of the food. Also, thank you Nana for your help with the cupcakes and some of the food. We all had a blast! 


1 comment: