Thursday, November 10, 2011

One Month


Stats:
Weight: 10 lbs (75%)
Height: 22 inches (90%)
Head: 14 1/2 inches

Caroline turned one month November 4th! I can't believe this sweet little baby is already a month. Where has the time gone? It's hard to believe I've been sleep deprived this long! Ha! But, hey, she has had two nights where she's slept 6 hours. Woohoooo, what a blessing for a tired momma. It has not become consistent, though. I sure can't wait for that day. SG and C definitely keep us on our toes. SG has been a terrific big sister so far. She has really surprised me, not that I thought she would be a bad big sister. I just thought she would be a little more jealous. She has definitely had her moments, but they have been fewer than I anticipated. SG is super sweet to C. She pat, pat, pats the baby and gives her kisses lots. Sometimes, she just gets a little clingy with me and wants her momma to "hold you, hold you." The first two weeks were pretty easy. C was mostly sleepy and content. However, she is definitely becoming more awake. She has a few long spurts during the day where she just has a hard time getting to sleep. In addition, she is more of a hold me baby than SG was. Although, I do remember that SG had some spurts at this stage where she also wanted to be held all the time and eventually that deminished. I think with the second child you don't mind it as much because you know, based on the first, there will come a day when they don't want to be held as much :(. Needless to say, we are enjoying Caroline's addition to our family. We love her so much already! I've posted a few pictures below! Enjoy!





Eating: 2 1/2-3 hours (mostly every 3 hours)
I mostly breastfeed her but she has had a few bottles of breast milk too.

Napping: She has a really long spurt in the morning where she is awake and has a hard time getting to sleep. After about noon her naps start getting easier and longer.

Sleeping at night:
3-6 hours- She mostly wakes up around the 3-4 hour mark
I have been holding her a little at night because she has been a little congested- a bad habit I need to go ahead and break

Development:
She's become more awake.
She has smiled a few times (once at 3 weeks and again at 5 weeks).
We are working on tummy time- she doesn't love it but needs it.

Likes:
snuggling with mommy and daddy
eating
hanging out in the sling while SG and mommy play
being warm

HATES:
baths
having her diaper or clothes changed
being cold
noise- This is funny because her sister is ALWAYS LOUD!
light






No comments:

Post a Comment