Tuesday, September 27, 2011

SG's Room: The Reveal + Preparing for Caroline

We've finally finished getting the girls' rooms ready! Susannah Grace is now in her "Big Girl" room and Caroline's room has been rearranged slightly for her arrival! I've included before and after photos of our journey preparing both rooms! Enjoy!

Susannah Grace's Room

 Before: 
 
We bought SG this "Big Girl" bed- it's a convertible crib that will convert to a toddler and full sized bed when she is ready!

This ugly yellow color was the color of SG's room...

After:
Tah dah! Here's one half of her room!
We repainted the basket to the left of her bed with spray paint and glammed it up a little ribbon and my great grandmother's broach :). We plan on doing the same to the basket on the right- minor detail.
My mom helped me sew the toddler blanket you see draping over her crib! The pillow is currently being embroidered. I love how sweet it turned out.

 I wish I had taken before pictures of this creation. The frame was originally metallic- I bought it 50 off at Hobby Lobby. I painted it and then sanded it to get a distressed/shabby chic look! I also mounted the burlap fabric you see to a foam board using a stapler. The doily was inspired by my friend, Lauren's nursery. She used doilies to decorate a wreath with. When I saw it a light bulb immediately went off in my head about what I wanted to create. I traced this monogram and used a paint pen to fill in the gold color. I added the ribbon and broach to give it a vintage look! 
Before:

Yucky flat blue painted dresser- $129
I don't understand why the previous owner painted it this color...
After:
And, here it is Shabby Chiced! I used a tutorial located on my pinterest account that was very helpful. It took some time, but I think it turned out beautifully!

I sanded, primed, sanded, painted, sanded, distressed, and used a paste wax to get this look!

 I thought the original hardware was beautiful once I stripped the blue paint off of it. 

                                         

I bought this lamp at a flea market for $13, put a new shade on it, and used a tutorial to figure out how to get this ruffled look using extra fabric from SG's drapes. 
If you can't tell, we're going with a ballerina theme for SG's room. I think it fits her personality perfectly because she LOVES to dance and walks on her little tip toes. I got the printed painting 50% off at Hobby Lobby! Whooo Hooo!
                                     
I splurged a little on this french cottage style chair at an antique shop. I just couldn't resist. I didn't have to do a thing to it! This is where we read night night stories before bed.

This is the basket that we spray painted. It holds SG's night night books. 

Before:

 I fell in LOVE with this dresser at an antique shop! I had been searching everywhere and finally found exactly what I was looking for for the right price. I used it as inspiration for the chest I shabby chiced. 

After:
 This is the other half of SG's room!


We still use a changing pad for her. It's just easier on our backs, and she enjoys seeing herself in the mirror! 
 close up view

 I found this dress form at TJMAX for around $30. However, it was HOT PINK. 
So, we spray painted it ivory and put a $10 tutu from Target on it!

Caroline's Room

Bow holder- I'm not sure if she'll have a head full of hair like SG or not, but we're ready with our bows just in case! It will be interesting to find out!


 I took the wreath out of SG's room and put a "C" on it instead of an "S". Since we had to take down the wall monogram I thought the wreath filled the void and really pulled everything together.

 Here's where we'll be spending LOTS of time together :)

We've got our bags packed and ready to go.


Now, we're just waiting for her to get her so I can hold and snuggle with her in this sweet little smocked coming home gown her Nana bought her. I'm getting more and more excited. I can't wait to find out what she is going to look like and be like! Caroline, Mommy and Daddy LOVE you and can't wait to meet you!





No comments:

Post a Comment